By virtue of provisions 13 and 14 of the Player Protection Regulations of the Malta Gaming Authority, business to consumer licensees must provide players with information on the applicable procedures for lodging a complaint and for referring a complaint to an ADR entity.
eCOGRA is an approved ADR by the Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority.
All gambling businesses licensed by the Gambling Commission must appoint an alternate dispute resolution body (ADR) if customers gamble directly with them.
eCOGRA is an independent and approved ADR of the Gambling Commission.
We are pleased to offer our dispute mediation service to eGAP Safe and Fair sealholders and sites that have engaged our services.
eCOGRA has acted as an expert witness in various litigations due to its industry knowledge and expertise. The organisation's opinion is highly valued by the legal system.
Great Britain and Malta
The eCOGRA Alternative Dispute Resolution (‘ADR’) Service is an impartial mediation service, specialising in the field of online gambling disputes. eCOGRA is approved by the Great Britain Gambling Commission in accordance with The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015. We accept disputes that arise between registered sites that hold an operating licence from the Great Britain Gambling Commission or Malta Gaming Authority and their players (‘Player’). We are pleased to offer our assistance free of charge to these Players, subject to a fixed monthly fee from license holders ('Operator'), provided the below measures are followed:
- the dispute is deemed to be frivolous or vexatious;
- the dispute does not relate to the outcome of a gambling transaction such as game results, betting results, account management, application of bonus offers or misleading terms and conditions;
- more than one year has passed since the conclusion of the Operator's internal complaints procedure;
- the dispute is being or has been considered by another approved ADR provider, regulator or a court;
- dealing with the dispute would seriously impair the effective operation of eCOGRA;
- the dispute is currently being investigated by a third party; or
- either the Player or the Operator attempts to intimidate, threaten or exert any undue external pressure on the ADR process.
We are pleased to offer our assistance to players that have a grievance with an eCOGRA approved site provided these measures are followed: